As usual I’m falling behind in keeping up with the blog. You’d think once a month wouldn’t be so bad – but other things tend to take priority. Right now I’ve got some down time – waiting for newest grand baby to make his arrival! False alarm brought me down to North Carolina early but I’m not turning around now. In the meantime I can catch up on the blog!
How about a short quiz on quilting?
Let’s do quilting tools…
1) On free motion quilting are you feed dogs up, down or do you send the quilt top to your favorite longarm quilter?
2) What are your needles of choice for hand quilting – crewel, betweens, sharp, or milliners – or do you say heck with hand quilting and again send to your favorite longarm quilter?
3) A grapefruit spoon is helpful with what technique – machine appliqué, machine quilting, hand appliqué?
4) Quilting templates can be made from – cardboard, plastic, reefer paper, vellum or all of the above? What’s your favorite?
5) What foot is most useful for straight line machine quilting – darning, walking, quarter-inch, open-toe or do you just take the quilt to your favorite longarm quilter?
You’ve all been busy! Working from my iPad so I couldn’t do the slide show and you’ll notice that the display ranged from the ping pong table to my quilting machine. There were three of my own tossed in there -two for extended family, one for a friend. Did another for a friend but forgot to take a picture. I have been working on my blocks and of course the newest grandson’s quilt is finished too!
Nathan tries out his baby brother’s quilt!
How’d you do on the quiz? The one that threw me was the grapefruit spoon!
1) feed dogs down
3) machine quilting – removing basting safety pins.
4) All of the above
This is such a darling quilt for a budding sports fan! Is it your own design or a commercial pattern. I’d love to find it!
Sue in IL
Thank you! I based it off another pattern for the initial quilt – PS I Love You #3, Snuggle Up, pg. 22 – then I added the sports theme.